Just a place to put information and updates for the Ohio War Kings gaming club.
The Ohio War Kings is a wargaming club based out of Dayton Ohio. Currently we meet on Friday evenings at 6:00 pm either at Epic Loot in Centerville (9130 Dayton-Lebanon Pike
Centerville, OH 45458) (the 1st, 3rd and 5th Fridays) or at The Hobby Shop in Miamisburg (153 N. Springboro Pike, Dayton OH 45449) (the 2nd and 4th Fridays) . We have a Facebook group as well.
In addition to Origins and Gencon, The Ohio War Kings are stepping up their game, and working on becoming a real club. (Kind of like a geeky version of Pinochio I guess). As part of this, we are splitting our meeting LOCATIONS - meeting the 1st, 3rd (and 5th, if there is one, like there is in June) Fridays at Epic Loot in Centerville. This is a great store, and now carries Mantic product (plus they are set up to order directly - so this is a great place to special order anything you need). The 2nd and 4th Fridays we will still be at The Hobby Shop.
But not only this, we are going to be formalizing our membership soon. This is chiefly a fund-raiser as we want to start running more and bigger events (and also lessen the out of pocket expenses for the events we have been running). I am looking at five membership levels, running from FREE to Unobtainable. Each level includes all the benefits of the levels beneath it. Check out the club page (at http://blog.untilsomebodylosesaneye.net/p/ohio-war-kings.html for more details).
- The Individual level is free (for those who are interested, but aren't ready to commit yet) - you get this by joining our Facebook group.
- Troop level is for those who want to support our events, but don't actually want to do any work, and will be either $10, and gets you on the official mailing list with our thanks. These members also get a vote for anything the club decides to vote on.
- Regiment level unlocks the true membership for $25. This level gets you listed as a club member on the roster for Origins - entitling you to a $30 discount on purchasing your 4 day badge. If you worked one of our events the previous year you will get a $10 credit towards this. This also allows you 2 votes on issues.
- Horde level is for those that want to help the club grow and prosper for $50 (with the same credit available as Regiment). This has several additional additional benefits. First only Horde level members are eligible for holding office in the club (once we start making officers). Second, they get 4 votes each for any issues. Horde members also can bring up issues for votes - from when and where we have our game nights to what events we should be doing. Finally, they are able to borrow any club assets (which will be such things as banners, gaming mats, terrain, demo armies) to use for their own events - be it just a game day at home or demos at conventions.
- Finally is the Legion level - which is, well it's for me and isn't available (currently) to anyone else. This gives me full veto power on any issue, as well as 8 votes on each. It is there to protect the club, and may disappear if the club eventually takes off strong enough to run on its own.
Membership year is from Origins to Origins. Dues MUST be paid by the end of February however to get the Origins discount, as we will have to assemble and submit the list of club members.
You can pay your dues either in person or via PayPal .
The Ohio War Kings messenger bags ($20.00 each) are currently available, and we do have both polo and button down shirts as well for $25.00 each.